Real Health Care Reform
John Stossel of 20/20 fame and a friend of mine perfectly sums up everything that should be the alternative Republican health care reform proposal:
[G]overnment prevents us from buying insurance from out of state. In addition, tax law directs the market to focus on employers rather than individuals, pandering state legislatures force prices up by mandating what every policy in their state must cover, and there are restrictions on Health Savings Accounts. Removing barriers to interstate competition is a good start, but they should level the tax playing field too.
And how should we deal with preexisting conditions while sticking to free-market principles? By expanding “health status insurance.”
- Think Ohio Democrats Really Care How Expensive Your Health Insurance is? Nope
- Where was Senator Voinovich on the Health Care Vote
- Ohio Democrats Not Thrilled With Obama’s Health Care Bill & Abortion Funding
- OH-15: Mary Jo Kilroy’s Health Care Tele-Town Hall, WEDNESDAY!
- OH-15 Attention Brooks Brothers Brigade! Friday, Health Care Forum, Mary Jo Kilroy