Equality Ohio: Strickland Judicial Appointment Likes Dudes
From Equality Ohio:
Beginning today, August 10, 2009, Akron has a new municipal judge. Late last month Governor Strickland announced that he was naming prosecutor Jerry Larson to serve as a judge in Akron, Ohio’s municipal court. Larson joins Dayton’s Judge Mary Wiseman as the only two openly LGBT judges in Ohio.
Larson was one of six candidates recommended to the governor regarding three vacancies on the Akron municipal court earlier this year. Larson will be filling the seat left vacant after the passing of Judge Linda Kersker in July.
“[Larson] is a community leader who has exemplified competence and professionalism throughout his career,” Ohio governor Ted Strickland said in a media release. “His long tenure and outstanding service to the Akron Law Department and local community organizations make him an exceptional addition to the Akron municipal court.”
Larson will be an incumbent for the judicial election in November to continue serving as a judge.
Isn’t it offensive to have one’s qualifications and legal expertise reduced to a discussion of unusual sexual proclivities?
- Ted Strickland is Proud of his Anonymous Gay Judges
- The Judicial Crisis Network is Wrong about Justice O’Connor
- [Updated] Judicial Crisis Network Wants Conservative Maureen O’Connor To Exit the Chief Justice Race
- Why Did Betty Montgomery Fire Eric Brown from the AG’s Office?
- Senator Kevin Coughlin Applies for a Strickland Appointment