Cleveland & Dayton Dying… Blame Bloggers?
From Douglas Belkin in the WSJ:
DAYTON, Ohio — Here’s an idea for saving Rust Belt cities: Tell bloggers and radio stations to stop calling your town a basket case.
That was one suggestion from representatives of eight of the 10 cities labeled last year as America’s fastest dying. They met at the Dayton Convention Center last weekend to swap ideas about how to halt the long skid that’s turned cities like Detroit, Cleveland and Buffalo, N.Y., into shorthand for dystopia.
But Cleveland really is a basket case.
- Tough Issue for Cleveland City Council: Can Transgenders Poop in Either Restroom?
- 2014 Gay Games in Cleveland/Akron- Prepare to be ROCKED
- Moody’s Investors Service Rating Lowered, Ted Strickland’s Budget Largely to Blame
- East Cleveland Mayor Eric Brewer
- Ever Wanted to Listen the Leaders of Ohio’s Two Parties Square Off at the Liberal City Club of Cleveland with a Liberal Reporter Moderator?