In Addition to VLTs and Tobacco Money, One More Problem for Gov. Strickland’s Patchwork Budget is…
the unconstitutional application of the Taft/Householder-created CAT tax to food.
Here is the relevant amendment which makes such a tax unconstitutional. And make no mistake- a CAT tax, which is a tax on receipts, most certainly is a sales tax, even though AG Rich Cordray is put in the ridiculous position of having to argue otherwise.
- Another Problem for Strickland’s Budget: Tobacco Money
- Senator Harris Covers for Gov. Strickland on the Misuse of Tobacco Money
- Strickland’s Budget Will Not Be Balanced- Groups and Courts Doing What Bill Harris Should Have Done
- One More Vice for Gov. Ted Strickland’s Budget
- Ohio Treasurer Kevin Boyce Spends $79926 Taxpayer Money on Promotional Items