Home > After Being Exposed and Public Outrage, Gov. Strickland Returns Money to the Blind

After Being Exposed and Public Outrage, Gov. Strickland Returns Money to the Blind

August 27, 2009 at 5:21 pm Matt Leave a comment Go to comments

The money has been returned, according to The Columbus Dispatch’s Mark Niquette. But John Stossel and I are not impressed.

Strickland said last week he had not been aware of the raids of the Save Our Sight and Second Chance funds and promised the money would be returned. The other two funds were identified after a review of all the raids.

The state will account for the $4.1 million in state money being restored to the funds by reduced spending or other moves if necessary before the current two-year budget expires June 30, 2011, Strickland spokesman Keith Dailey said.

Gov. Strickland was “not aware,” except that somehow they managed to not touch the voluntary contributions given to Ohio’s two major political parties. A smooth move, considering that Strickland we are supposed to believe it was all an accident.

When renewing your licenses, people will now think long and damn hard before donating any money. And because of Gov. Strickland’s incompetence, Ohio charities suffer.

Related posts:

  1. Ted Strickland Robs Them Blind
  2. Another Problem for Strickland’s Budget: Tobacco Money
  3. Senator Harris Covers for Gov. Strickland on the Misuse of Tobacco Money
  4. When it comes to public pension systems…
  5. Tax Raising Ted Strickland

    blog comments powered by Disqus