Sen. Tim Grendell is Headed Back to the State House (98th District)
And will likely be replacing the liberal moron Matt Dolan, who was the GOP’s establishment’s choice to become speaker before they lost the majority:
State Sen. Tim Grendell wants to return to his former post in the Ohio House of Representatives.
Grendell, R-Chester Township, announced he will seek the Republican Party nomination as a state representative for the Ohio House 98th District, which is composed of Geauga County, plus Gates Mills, Highland Heights and portions of Mayfield Village in Cuyahoga County.
Grendell served as state representative from 2001 through 2004, elected to his wife Diane’s former seat when she was elected judge in the 11th District Court of Appeals.
He was elected to the Ohio Senate in November 2004 and was re-elected in November 2008.
The 98th House District seat is vacant because former state Rep. Matt Dolan last week resigned and moved to Chagrin Falls, setting up a likely run for the newly created Cuyahoga County executive position.
The Ohio House Republican caucus eventually will appoint a successor to Dolan.
Grendell said he has no interest in an appointment to the vacancy, rather he would like to be elected by voters.
Interestingly, the talk was that Tim Grendell’s son Jamie was going to run for the seat and essentially reserve it for his father to run for at a later date. In fact, his son pulled petitions. So I wonder what changed?
I suppose this is bad news for the loud sign guy.
- Jackson County Republican Party Endorsements (Ohio House District 87 & Ohio Senate District 17)
- Craig Newbold for State Representative (State House District 1)
- 95th District: Former Strickland Staffer Hack Runs for the State House
- Beth Lear, a Principled Conservative, for the 2nd Ohio House District
- State Rep. Dan Dodd (District 91) Brings Wrong Award to a High School, Publicly Belittles Aide