Seth Morgan “Welcomes” Dave Yost to the Auditor’s Race
As I reported yesterday, Dave Yost will announce later this afternoon that he is exiting the race for Attorney General to run for Auditor.
Huber Heights, Ohio- Friends of Seth Morgan welcome the challenge of Delaware County Prosecutor Dave Yost bowing to the political establishment pressure by leaving the Ohio Attorney General race against Mike DeWine in the Republican primary election and instead deciding to enter the Ohio auditor’s race.
“The auditor’s office requires the ability to not bend to pressures and not be influenced so easily,” said Rob Scott, Communications Director of Friends of Seth Morgan. “Rep. Morgan is unbending towards pressure. As a CPA and as an elected official, he has fought the Ohio governor and local government for accountability, transparency, and fiscal responsibility in government.”
“Throughout the next several months, Ohio citizens will discover who is more qualified as Ohio’s next auditor and not a couple of individuals who make backroom deals,” Scott said.
Also, I was unfair in my original post yesterday about the auditor’s race, as I pointed out that Seth Morgan lost his race for county auditor in 2006, but I omitted that Dave Yost, before being appointed County Auditor, actually lost two elections for Auditor in heavily Republican Delaware County. Yost also forgot his plans to actually run for County Auditor when he was appointed County Prosecutor.
- [UPDATED] More Endorsement Controversy? Both Dave Yost and Seth Morgan Claim to be Endorsed by the Buckeye Firearms Association
- Dave Yost Endorsed by His Home County, Seth Morgan Endorsed by Controversial Chairman
- Seth Morgan Endorsed for Auditor in Kevin DeWine’s Backyard
- Dave Yost vs. Seth Morgan vs. Rob Montgomery for Ohio Auditor
- Updates from Dave Yost’s & Seth Morgan’s Campaigns for Auditor