The Judicial Crisis Network is Wrong about Justice O’Connor
Yesterday, I posted this letter from the Judicial Crisis Network. It was supposed to be an “exclusive” on my blog from an organization that works hard to promote conservative judges.
But the problem with their logic, according to election law experts, is that unless Gov. Strickland wins re-election, he won’t be able to appoint a replacement for Justice Maureen O’Connor. (Otherwise, Ted would perhaps appoint Eric Brown, Jennifer Brunner, Super-Duper Legal Eagle Kent Markus, et cetera.)
O’Connor will be able to wait long enough to resign her current position until a Gov. Kasich makes the appointment.
So unless the Judicial Crisis Network is assuming Ted Strickland will remain in office, I shouldn’t have posted their silly letter.
Judicial Crisis Network should apologize to Justice O’Connor.
- [Updated] Judicial Crisis Network Wants Conservative Maureen O’Connor To Exit the Chief Justice Race
- X RATED GIRLS, Ted Strickland, Justice Eric Brown & Judicial Misconduct
- Jim Petro vs. Justice Maureen O’Connor for Chief Justice?
- Ohio Supreme Court Justice Eric Brown Loves Facebook
- Newly Appointed Justice Eric Brown & his Wife Love Dead Babies