Airforce Jobs in Springfield… Another Strickland/Fisher Failure
How the White House handles this will be interesting, as if they ignore this type of request then they might have already written off Strickland’s chances for re-election:
Ohio politicians are seeking President Barack Obama’s help to keep the Netherlands from moving its F-16 training missions from Ohio to Arizona.
Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland (D), who is facing a tough reelection fight, and Sen. Sherrod Brown (D) have in recent weeks engaged Obama, members of the administration and the U.S. Air Force to keep the Dutch fighter pilots in Springfield — along with the local jobs they bring.[...]
Air Force data obtained by The Hill shows that a three-year training period in Springfield would cost $117.3 million and the same period would cost $105.3 million in Tucson. The Dutch have indicated to the Air Force repeatedly that cost would be the overriding factor in their looming decision.[...]
The Springfield base currently employs 1,000 people, 450 of whom are full-time employees. The jobs are at risk if the Air Force doesn’t find a new mission for Springfield.
- Under Ted Strickland Leadership, Ohio Missed Out on THOUSANDS of Solar Panel Jobs
- Ted Strickland’s “Cheerleaders for Failure”
- Slumping Housing Market is not a Market Failure
- Obama and Strickland Killing American Jobs at Procter & Gamble
- The News-Herald & Thomas Suddes Join the “Cheerleaders for Failure”