The Ghost of Rhodes
From Aaron Marshall in The Plain Dealer:
Across the street from where Strickland goes to work every day at the Statehouse sits a statue of former Republican Gov. Jim Rhodes, a fellow son of southern Ohio who made enough sense to voters that they made him governor four times. You can look it up.
An inscription on one side of the statue’s base quotes Rhodes as saying, “The greatest contribution a governor can make is to create jobs in the private sector.”
If that’s the prime measuring stick that voters use this November, there could be a different guy going to work across the street at the Statehouse next year.
Maybe this is payback for Strickland stealing Rhodes’ childhood chicken coop story.
- Ohio House 22nd District- Angel Rhodes vs. Kathy Eshelman, What Happened?
- Remember how Ted Strickland Quoted Ronald Reagan During the State of the State?
- More Irresponsible Fiscal Leadership from Gov. Strickland
- Is Molly Varner Trying to Help Conservatives Like John Kasich Even More?
- PD’s Brent Larkin Eviscerates Ted Strickland on Charter Schools