An Update on the Treasurer Boyce Lobbyist Scandal
As an update to my post yesterday, Laura Bischoff of the Dayton Daily News finds extra interesting details:
A bank lobbyist who has personal ties to Treasurer Kevin Boyce’s top aide also has another link inside the treasury: his wife.
On Dec. 30, Boyce’s office hired Walaa Waeda as a $37,500-a-year secretary to Boyce, Deputy Treasurer Amer Ahmad and other managers.[...]
Ahmad said Alo’s wife was hired through normal human resources channels, but he declined to say whether the job was publicly posted or how she was recruited. Waeda, 29, holds a fine arts degree from Ohio State University, speaks three languages and previously worked part-time at a gym.
“Walaa is an assistant in the treasury who was not involved in any part of the RFI (requests for information) process. Not even as someone who copied or opened the bids,” Ahmad said.
Asked why he did not disclose Waeda’s employment when asked earlier about his relationship with Alo, Ahmad said, “It wasn’t relevant. You asked me about his relationship to this office.”
Shady business and nepotism in the Treasurer’s office is endless because they know Boyce’s time in office will be quite limited.
On a side note, how do you pronounce “Walaa Waeda?” 50% of that name consists of the letter “A.”
- Treasurer Boyce Uses Questionable Boston Bank after Hiring Boyce Donor, And He Only Announces Job Openings at Mosques?
- CORRUPTION: Bank Hired Lobbyist with Boyce Ties Days before Landing State Contract
- Key Bank Holds Fundraiser to Thank Treasurer Boyce for Contract
- Treasurer Kevin Boyce’s Campaign Manager QUITS
- Corrupt Fundraising Practices, Treasurer Boyce Can’t Outraise Josh Mandel