RIP State Rep. Bob Netzley
Ohio House Republican Leader Bill Batchelder issued this statement:
“Ohio lost one of its greatest legislators in the history of the state when Bob Netzley of Miami County passed away last evening. Having served longer than any other member of the General Assembly (40 years), Bob Netzley served with unparallel courage, total dedication to the philosophy of conservatism and an unbending adherence to the principals upon which this republic was founded. He was, in all of his service, one who could have joined the founders of this nation in courage integrity and adherence to principle. We shall not see his like again.”
In the summer of 1971 when Gov. Gilligan was busy creating the state income tax and furloughing maintenance workers during a budget crisis, Batchelder and Netzley were two of the conservative legislators who actually brought their own lawn mowers and cut the State House grass.
Netzley will be missed.
Update: The Dayton Daily News has more details about his political incorrectness, his battle against the Celebrezze political family, his opposition to welfare, and his “chilly” relationship with liberal former Speaker Jo Ann Davidson.
- Seth Morgan Endorsed by 17 State Legislators
- [Update] State Legislators Confirm: If They Endorsed Seth Morgan, They Can’t Use Ohio GOP’s Discount Postage Rate
- Sen. Tim Grendell is Headed Back to the State House (98th District)
- Bad Press Day for Secretary of State Brunner
- The Dayton Daily News Endorses Dave Yost