Ohio House Democrat Depseration: Butler County Dems Falsey Acuse Rep. Combs of a Campaign Violation They Committed
First this was reported by the Oxford Press on Thursday:
The Butler County Democratic Party has sent a complaint Tuesday, Aug. 17, to the Ohio Elections Commission alleging Ohio Rep. Courtney Combs, R-Hamilton, has two illegal signs in Fairfield.
Jocelyn Bucaro, chairwoman of the local Democratic Party, said the two yard signs along Nilles Road do not have disclaimers that identify a campaign committee, committee officer and address, which is required by the Ohio Revised Code.
“It’s ‘Campaign 101,’ ” said Bucaro. “If any of my candidates would have done this, I’d call them out on it.”
The problem? ALL of Combs signs have the disclaimer printed, in small letters, as you can see from the pictures below:
And the great irony in all of this is that Bruce Carter, the Democrat candidate, has committed the same offense that his county party is accusing Combs of: failure to include a disclaimer on campaign materials. Below is Carter’s fundraising invitation with NO DISCLAIMER, which lists Jocelyn Bucaro, the Chairwoman of the local Democrat Party, as the RSVP:
I suppose it’s campaign 101 for House Democrats to throw everything and the kitchen sink at Republicans about to reclaim the majority… But in their eagerness, Democrats are making sloppy mistakes.
Here is Rep. Combs counter-complaint.
- Butler County GOP Delivers A Major Blow to the DeWine Campaign
- Because of RightOhio, Ohio House Dems Scrub Facebook Page
- Former Athens County Democrat Chair Susan Gwinn Threatenes Student With Libel Suit
- Jackson County Republican Party Endorsements (Ohio House District 87 & Ohio Senate District 17)
- Athens County Democrat Chairwoman to Chris Redfern: RESIGN!