OH: 18- Cook Political Report Confirms District No Longer Leans Democratic
Voting against ObamaCare might have not been enough to save Zack Space:
Space has gotten away with weak opposition for two cycles in a row, and though GOP state Sen. Bob Gibbs is an improvement, he isn’t Republicans’ ideal candidate. Still, even after Space has leveraged his huge cash advantage to soften up Gibbs on his legislative record during the Taft years, we haven’t seen numbers move in Space’s direction. That’s understandable given this district’s serious Republican lean and Space’s votes with Democratic leadership. Internal polling on both sides has shown Space ahead by single digits but well under 50 percent, and in this climate, that’s not enough of an advantage to justify keeping this race in the Lean Democratic column. Welcome to another district where the NRCC may not even be investing in the race, but the GOP candidate will be competitive anyway.
This confirms what the Politico said earlier this week. If you care to listen, Gibbs will be on Cleveland-native Hugh Hewitt’s radio show on Salem channels tonight around 8:20pm.
- OH-15: Cook Report “Kilroy does not possess particularly strong candidate skills”
- OH-18: Holmes County GOP Endorses Bob Gibbs
- Newt Gingrich Continues His Endorsement Tour of Ohio
- This Is Apparently the Week to Get Endorsed by Ken Blackwell…
- Brent Larkin on the Columbus Dispatch’s Political Activism and Casinos