Dave Yost Endorsed by the Belmont County GOP, Narrowly Misses Endorsement in Knox County
From Dave Yost’s campaign for Auditor:
Dave Yost earned the unanimous endorsement of the Belmont County Republican party for his bid to be Ohio’s next State Auditor last night, and picked up strong support in Knox County as well.
“We’re proud to stand with Dave Yost to carry on the legacy of Mary Taylor as a watchdog of our tax dollars,” said Belmont County GOP Chair Kent Moore. “I cannot think of a better candidate than Dave Yost,” he said.
Also, the Knox County Republican Central Committee voted 2-to-1 in favor of Yost for Auditor of State, although the vote tally was one vote short of the supermajority required for a formal endorsement under that county’s bylaws.
“I’m pleased and honored to have the support of Republicans all over the state,” said Yost, who was campaigning along with John Kasich in Putnam County. “Ohio’s government is a mess, and this campaign is about choosing who is ready to tackle that challenge. The last decade of my life has uniquely prepared me to step up for the people of this great State.”
- [UPDATED] More Endorsement Controversy? Both Dave Yost and Seth Morgan Claim to be Endorsed by the Buckeye Firearms Association
- Dave Yost Endorsed by His Home County, Seth Morgan Endorsed by Controversial Chairman
- Seth Morgan endorsed by the Scioto County Republican Party and the Mansfield North Central Tea Party
- Darke County TEA Patriots Endorse Dave Yost
- Dave Yost Endorsed by 16 Ohio State Senators