OH-15: Kilroy, Former Socialist Party Organizer, Opposed to VAT Tax?
So after voting for trillions of dollars in increased spending, voting for unconstitutional insurance mandates, and voting for cap and trade, Mary Jo Kilroy would like you to know she draws the line at a national sales tax:
Rep. Mary Jo Kilroy is opposed to the idea of a new national tax on the value of products, her campaign manager said today.
Kilroy, a Columbus Democrat, would not support a value-added tax, campaign manager Josh Levin said today. Few other Ohio politicians support the idea, but some have suggested that it’s at least worth a look to deal with the national deficit.
“She’s more interested in finding ways to cut taxes and get money back into the hands of the people who need it,” Levin said.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has said the value-added tax is worth serious consideration.
If voters are to believe her, this would be just about the first time Kiloy has voted against House Speaker Nancy Pelosi… EVER.
- OH-15: Cook Report “Kilroy does not possess particularly strong candidate skills”
- OH-15: TEA Party To Protest Rep. Kilroy Tuesday, 11:30AM
- Two Liberal Republicans Head Up Socialist Third Frontier Campaign
- OH-15: Mary Jo Kilroy’s Dirty Money
- OH-15: Mary Jo Kilroy Holds “Tele Town-Hall” With Kilroybots