Rotenberg Moves Senate Race from “Toss Up” to “Tilt Republican”
From Rothenberg Political Report:
Lt. Gov. Lee Fisher (D) remains unreasonably optimistic about his prospects in the Senate race given his financial disadvantages, his standing in the polls, his campaign staff turnover and the national political environment. While Republican Rob Portman’s record certainly gives plenty for Democrats to shoot at, Fisher’s problems seem even larger. Because of that, we are moving this raced from Toss-up to Toss-up/Tilt Republican. Even this rating may understate Fisher’s problems a little more than two months out from Election Day.
Now the question is: Will the new communications director hired yesterday make it until the end of the month?
- Seth Morgan “Welcomes” Dave Yost to the Auditor’s Race
- That Didn’t Take Long: The Republican-Controlled Senate Caved
- Yost vs. DeWine: A Battle for the Heart of the Republican Party
- Please Stop Quoting Herb Asher Just as a “Political Scientist”
- Seth Morgan endorsed by the Scioto County Republican Party and the Mansfield North Central Tea Party