Chris Redfern: F*** You! Volunteer Today!
After a day of awful media coverage and Gov. Ted Strickland throwing him under the proverbial bus for vulgar language, Chris Redfern sends out one of his final emails as Ohio Democrat Party Chairman to say he’s not sorry:
Two days ago, I addressed a private crowd of Steelworkers in Clarington, Ohio, and I spoke passionately about the issues at stake in this election.
Now, our Republican Tea Party opponents are whining and calling language I used obscene. Let’s talk about what is truly obscene:
* Tea Partiers in Ohio compare President Obama to Hitler.
* They shout at town halls that President Obama is not an American.
* They harassed a victim of Parkinson’s disease in Columbus.
* And they engage in campaigns of lies and fear against our president, our governor, and others -– all with the goal of keeping us silent and sitting at home.
These tactics have no place in our politics, and I will NEVER apologize for speaking out forcefully against them. And let me be clear: I will not back down from the passion I feel about the issues impacting working families in this state.
If you’re just as fired up as me, sign up to volunteer today.
Despite the efforts of our opponents, President Obama and our Democratic leaders passed historic health insurance reform. And tomorrow, many of the provisions of the law will go into effect:
* Insurance companies will be required to cover preventive care at no cost.
* Young adults will be able to stay on their parents’ health care plans until age 26.
* Insurance companies won’t be able to drop patients when they get sick.
* No longer will insurance companies deny coverage to children because of pre-existing conditions.
* Ohio small businesses will even get tax credits to help them provide insurance to their employees.
How could anyone oppose these common sense reforms?
I make no apologies that I am passionate about this election, about Governor Strickland’s re-election and about our entire Democratic ticket. This is a defining moment in the history of our state and country. Either we can continue to move forward with our Democratic team, or we can go back to the same Wall Street values and same Republican agenda that got us into this mess.
I ask that you join me passionately and unapologetically in our efforts. Sign up to volunteer for our Democratic candidates at www.fightforohio.com.
Get involved, volunteer and spread the message so we can continue to move our state forward.